obsoleted after our new Network configuration...
 What ?
- Serverrroom above the toilet as inspired from the DatenKlo at Chaos Communication Camp..
 Why ?
- Because we can :-)
- no noise pollution and warm in the winter
 Build 444Up
- It's all done! Thx P., H., W., A., P., T.!
The servers on there need to have:
- a fixed ip (dhcp range starts from 50, scan for a free one and add here)
- enable wake on lan(WOL) in the BIOS
- enable Auto Power On in the BIOS (we noticed most networkcards don't react on wol if the power has been cut...)
 Servers currently in place:
192.168.42.11 appelblauwzeegroen FreeBSD 8.0 00:30:05:25:B2:F5 man-ip: 172.16.1.11 192.168.42.44 gitorious Ubuntu 8.04 00:08:02:C8:56:1F man-ip: 172.16.1.44 192.168.42.13 openwrt Openwrt 00:0F:66:C8:AC:DB man-ip: 172.16.1.1
You can use the wakeonlan package on Linux to boot the servers:
"wakeonlan - Sends 'magic packets' to wake-on-LAN enabled ethernet adapters"
$ wakeonlan 00:30:05:25:B2:F5
config above has been deprecated
we got new material in (donation via zoobab's):
- P4 2.4Ghz, dual processor - 3GB RAM (HP DL380 G3 - 2U)
- P4 3.0Ghz - 4GB RAM (HP DL380 G3 - 2U)
- P4 3.0Ghz - 1GB RAM (supermicro - 1U)
 Remote access:
OpenWRT upfront, accessible from the internet, authentication only via key authentication. Want remote access? Ask Tazo to put your key in place.
WakeOnLan client -> wol
$ wol 00:30:05:25:B2:F5
 Local access:
X donated an 8-port KVM. We tested it, still works.
Todo: Install a monitor, keyboard and mouse above the datarack.