- 17dec: created a zoekertje on 2dehands.be http://www.2dehands.be/bouw/verwarming-radiatoren/ketel/gezocht-offerte-voor-nieuwe-ketel-174184195.html?utm_content=0&utm_campaign=link_advertentie&utm_source=ad_geplaatst&utm_term=0&utm_medium=email
- 17dec: Got 1 response from verwarmingstechnieken.eu, need to email photos of the basement and chimney
- 17dec: Called 'thermic engineering' from Zaventem. They only do industrial installations.
- 17dec: Called 'Weishaupt'. They are just selling heatings, don't do the placement. They will email me a local representative. (local representative => Dhr Luc Janssen: 0495/59.95.42)
- 17dec: Someone responded to the 2dehands ad. He will come tomorrow evening (dec 18th). He has time, can place it even next week... (0477/26.25.98)
- 18dec: P.W.C. came by and gave his advice.
The main problem at the house is there is no air intake. If we want to have the heating in the basement, we need to pull a new chimney tube. What is wrong with the current chimney tube? It will oxidize if we use a condensation boiler.
The cheapest and best solution in his opinion is to put a small boiler of 50Kw at the second floor. This way, he pulls a aeration tube through the wall, and puts the boiler where the chimney is now.
The chimney on all floors can be removed then also.
He said a wall boiler, plus a water boiler fits within the case of the current chimney on that first floor. So we don't loose space.
Second floor with chimney case:
Another problem is the top floor boiler. He said this will never be OK, as you have 2 curves and 2 meter length until the chimney. Because this boiler is almost at the top of the chimney this is way too far from it. His plan includes a water boiler to replace this also.
Rough price estimate
- 6 radiators + installation: 2000 -> 2500€
- Warm water boiler + installation: 1000€
- 50Kw heating boiler + installation on second floor: 7000€
+/- 11.000€ he said in the end.