This page will host the research/opinions for different options in relocating HSB to a new spot in the universe (preferably in or around brussels :-)
 actions taken
- ptr_ mailed the immo of the building in st-gilles, got plans & moar pictures
- ptr_ mailed immotheker for his view on our case (if any)
we setup a 'patrimoniumvennootschap' -- the so called 'norbert-real-estate' -- or other construction - with the specific aim to buy a building to host the hackerspace(s?) - this is funded by finding enough ppl who want to buy a share and as such collectively cough up the money with which this new company buys a building.
Hackerspace vzw got the unlimited right to use the building by the statute of the company. The aim for the shareholders is low-risk as their investment is backed by tangible asset and support HSB and hackerspaces in general (and find a place on top of a fat fiber-pipe :-).
- We setup a 'norbert-real-estate'
- Shares is equal to membership
- The vzw will never be the owner
- All members are equals (either you posses one share or you pay a membership)
- Possibility to drop/step-in whenever you want.
- Vzw never gets to be the owner
- No renting
- No "gifts"
- All members are equal
- Maximum commitment time, but as space grows, should become smaller
- members can decide inside the space as it is owned
- finding ppl to buy an initial share is daunting task
- Your money represent an investment in a building and a way to support hackerspace
- The financial step in the void (needs research)
- what with 'investors' who are not member of the HSB vzw? No problem, they are welcome!
- what if other spaces step into the norbert-real-estate? Perfect everybody is accepted
 going subsidized/public
finding a public governemental body who wants to give us money/housing.
- being subsidized will also bring more administrative mayhem in the daily working of HSB (money means dossiers, projects, bookkeeping etc.)
- a space which is ours 24/7 is a necessity
find a place with a cheap rent, and get kicked out from time to time :-)
 rent a place
the most obvious choice, but we're a bit reversed minded :-)
find a decent (as in not-too-shabby) spot and rent it. look around and list the options (with costs & strings attached) here:
- renting a place will probably cost us way more then what we pay now, so membership money will go way up.
 keep it all in the HSB
get 50 ppl to donate 1000EUR to the existing HSB and this to buy a housing, owned by the hackerspace brussels vzw (HSB).
We can keep dreaming!
- utopy as people will never donate enough!
- finding ppl to donate this money is daunting task
- ptr_: HSB should stay lean-and-mean, not overloaded with the burden of managing a 50000EUR asset.
- guard off 'all HSB members are equal, but some are more equal then others'
- will need a change of statutes & way of conduct == lo^13ng discussions...