Duration: Two evenings during the week. Lesson One already happened.
Lesson 2 planned on July 10
Location: HackerSpace Brussels - Prinses Elisabethlaan 48 av. Princesse Elisabeth, 1030 Schaarbeek
 What do I need
Here's what you'll need for lesson 1:
- recent Python installed
I will use branch 2 for the demo. There should be no problem using version 3 for the first lesson, but some frameworks and tools for Lesson 2 might not be compatible. Everything should work on major platforms (Linux, *BSD, OS X, Windows), and most stuff should work on exotic platforms (iOS, Android, Symbian S60).
 Main topics
 Lesson 1: Getting hands on
- Python syntax and Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Going roots: HTTP server using sockets
- Intro to CGI
- Using Python CGI
- Basic storage and persistent data
 Lesson 2: Using libs
- Templating ( Jinja2 ? )
- SQL Alchemy ( ORM )
- CherryPy ( web framework )
- Deployment options
 Links & Docs
 What about Django, Flask, Web.py ?
Django has awesome features, but it uses several new concepts altogether ( MVC, ORM, regex routing, ...). This workshop will help understanding some of these concepts, one at a time. This will help participants to attend a workshop about Django.
I love the simplicity and the object orientation of CherryPy, which is why I arbitrary chose it over other options such as Flash, web.py, ...
 From First Episode
If you didn't attend episode one :
- Basics of Python programming will be required for episode 2.
- Main subjects were HTTP, sockets and CGI. Knowledge of these is not required for episode 2.
- Slides are available here : https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/176zR8x5oJ3JXLrHdWgGMmwYGuqm7NL-_QiFamBOQ1DY/edit
- My files from episode one are available as attachment to this mail
- To start a Python CGI server : python -m CGIHTTPServer